Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th of July to everyone!  We live in such a blessed country, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Today my wonderful husband is taking our kids to the pool so I can have a little scrappy time to myself.  Then we are going over to my sister's house to cookout and go see some fireworks this evening.  Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Last night I finally had some time to scrap a page--it's been awhile.  This page was from a My Scraps and More Got Talent III Challenge to use black cardstock as your background and bright colors on the rest.  I also decided to use one of Tammi's fabulous sketches from her My Scraps and More Sketches blog, I used sketch 34 which I just love.  

(Products used:  Pebbles patterned paper and cardstock stickers;  Bazzill cardstock; American Crafts Thickers; My Mind's Eye enamel dots; My Scraps and More sketch)

I've only ever used black cardstock background for more formal picture layouts, but I really like how the colors popped on this page!  Go check out My Scraps and More for not only their Got Talent III challenges, but also for great sketches.  Not to mention just a great group of scrappers and lots of inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment